We do a lot of retouching…not personally, but we hire the retouchers. Sometimes the photographers want to handle it and sometimes they are more than happy to slap their hands together and be onto their next project. Often, it is easier for us to manage without the photographer being involved. So many of them are trying to do too much. If we have a deadline and the photographer is off on another shoot we are at his mercy. This is a bummer…
We totally get that photographers want to deliver their look and feel and have a part in the final image and if it works out that is awesome. If it doesn’t work out, it’s nice when they understand that we have insert and launch dates that can’t be moved. And, if say, they get stuck in Siberia without internet and cell service they are happy to let us retouch away without their approval. No, this didn’t happen…not in Siberia!
We want the images to look just as good. We promise. Give us the curve and we will make it happen.
Retouching by The Digital Eye
- tagetcha reblogged this from artbuyersarepeopletoo
- nateluke likes this
- marcpilaro likes this
- artbuyersarepeopletoo likes this
- slephoto reblogged this from ayola
- ayola reblogged this from artbuyersarepeopletoo and added:
- donhorne likes this
- mattdutile likes this
- howtomakemoneyoffphotographers likes this
- justinpoulsenphoto likes this
- artbuyersarepeopletoo posted this